WELCOME!

Hello my wonderful students! This blog is for you and for your parents. On this blog you will find the weekly homework posted each Saturday. Each day I will post what we did in class and I will also post what I want you to study at home.

I know English is a hard language! But I also know that you can be a successful student if you keep on working hard in class and at home! I am here to help you, and I want to help you in any way I can. If you do a good job as a student, I am sure that you will have a wonderful time learning this language!

This blog is also for parents! I am starting this blog so that what we cover in class is much clearer and if you have any questions at all you can contact me directly. With your love and encouragement, students will be successful learners :)
Thank you so much for your support!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Test UNIT 10 on Saturday



Hello Students!

We are finally finishing Unit 10 and the test will be on Saturday! We have spent a long time on this unit and I hope all of you are ready for the test!

*Students who missed the review on Wednesday OR on Thursday can take the test on Monday if they want to! Please tell me in class if you were absent in school! We will have a make up test day!

How to study for your test :
Look at all your notes in your Activity Notebook, and all the worksheets that we have done.  STUDY the worksheet I gave you on Wednesday and STUDY what you wrote in your notebook on Thursday.  STUDY the dictation words that we had, and understand their meaning.  For all the new words that you learned in this unit, you should be able to write sentences!


This is what will be on the test: 
What do you see in a forest : we wrote down the different things that we see in a forest.  On the test I will ask you to write down some of those words, such as : trees, animals, flowers, rivers, mountains, clouds, etc.  IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU SPELL CORRECTLY!
Who lives in a Castle : You should know the spelling of these words from your lesson : king, queen, prince, princess, dragon.  You should also know how to write sentences with these words. 
Rules : We answered these questions in your worksheet and I want you to review them : 
What are some rules of the Forest : 
-No loud music, no fire, no camping, no pets, no littering
What are some rules of the classroom :
-Respect your teacher; no fighting; no running; raise your hand before you speak
What are some rules that you have in your house?
-No bad words, finish your homework every night, respect your parents


WAS/WERE and "ED" verbs
-I want you to understand that "was"/ "were" and "ed" verbs are all PAST TENSE!!!


YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS : 
I was
You were
He/She/It was
They were
We were


Also know that you can write sentences in the past tense in 2 ways :
I was playing    or    I played
They were dancing    or They danced


CLASS 3B : YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS WORDS : his, her, mine, your, our   
                     Be able to write sentences with these words!!

No comments:

Post a Comment